- By eating less meat you can reduce the amount of methane (greenhouse gas) that is sent into the atmosphere.
- At the rate our climate is changing,the world will soon be warmer than it has ever been in the last 10,000 years.
- The amount of oxygen produced by an acre of trees per year equals the amount consumed by 18 people annually.
- You can stop the release of 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide gas,if you cut down your garbage by 10%.
- If Greenland's entire ice were to melt,global sea levels would rise by 7.2 metres.
- Some indoor plants can remove 87% of indoor toxic air in just 24 hours.
- The world guzzles 80 million barrel of oil everyday.
- Deforestation in the tropics occurred at the rate of "an acre a second" in the past 20 years.
- More than 200 million hectares of forests have been lost in the past 15 years.
- In Tanzania,the snow on Mount Kilimanjaro have melted by about 80% since 1912 and could disappear by 2020.
- Lobsters thrive in chill waters.But now as the waters are warming up,they are dying at an alarming rate!
Your everyday actions have far-reaching consequences.It determines whether life on Earth "will flourish or perish".One thoughtful action or a simple change in your habit will go a long way in saving our planet.
page revision: 1, last edited: 10 Feb 2010 13:11