SmAlL StEpS FoR A BiG ChAnGe
Hello friends!!!Here,we will give you small tips to save our environment.
- A tap that drips wastes 13 litres of water in a day.Therefore the wastage of water in a year = 13*365 = 4745 litres of water.If you fix a leaking tap you can save up to 4745 litres of water per year.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps or CFLs use one-third of the electricity used by regular bulbs.If every family in India replaces regular light bulbs with CFLs,10,000MW (a unit of power = one million watts) of power could be saved.
- Using one litre of petrol (octane) produces about 1kg of water vapour and 2.17kg of CO2.Walking,carpooling or using public transport,will save at least two litres of petrol a week.This will stop the release of 2.17*2*52 = 225.68kg of CO2 into the atmosphere annually.
- The estimated population in India in March 2008 was 1.13 billion.If each person plants one tree in a lifetime,we can eliminate 1.13 billion ton of CO2 from the atmosphere.One tree absorbs more than one ton CO2 during its lifetime.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances when making new purchases.Most modern appliances use less energy than older appliances.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps last longer than conventional bulbs.They use less electricity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
page revision: 5, last edited: 10 Feb 2010 13:12